This page contains resources for piloting Phase 3 in classrooms during 2021-22.
Lessons recommended in Phase 3
Various Lessons from CAL-KIBO Curriculum for PreK
- Out of the Box – Students learn about Kibo hardware/software.
- Wheels in Motion – Student learn to assemble & care for Kibo.
- Once Upon a Code – Students learn to use Begin & End blocks
- Moving Forward – Students learn to use the Forward block
- Shake it Off – Students learn to use the Shake block
- Spin Around – Students learn to use the Spin block
- Other lessons
A lesson that connects to the Three Little Pigs story. The wolf tries to use a robot to break into the pigs’ brick house.
To cite this website
Harper, F. K., Caudle, L., Quinn, M. (2021). Culturally relevant robotics: A family and teacher (CRRAFT) partnership for computational thinking for early childhood. Retrieved from: http://crraft.org.